Autodesk® Flame® 2013 software has creative tools for 3D visual effects and compositing. Features in Autodesk® Flame® Premium 2013 software provide creative professionals in post production an integrated end-to-end toolset for 3D visual effects, color grading, and editorial finishing.
Innovative Relighting Tools
Relighting tools in Action give you power over 3D lighting effects at the core of your 3D toolset. Discover new ways to integrate light and color directly into the 3D compositing environment - right where you need them.
- Support for point, spot, area, directional and ambient lights that can cast true shadows within 3D scenes
- Ultra-realistic 3D lens flares, blooming, and volumetric lighting effects that interact with media layers and 3D objects
- Support for IBL mapping to better simulate environmental lighting on surfaces and 3D geometry
- Interactively relight CG renders using render passes including normal and position maps
Workflow with 3D
Leverage CG assets in finishing via open workflows with 3D animation software such as Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, and Autodesk Mudbox software, enabling you to make changes and versions in post production - when speed and interactivity are essential.
- Share rich 3D assets between animators and visual effects artists throughout your pipeline using Autodesk FBX asset exchange technology. Control over shading and texturing inside Action lets you make creative decisions in an interactive environment.
- Exchange point-cached animated geometry fast and efficiently through Alembic open CG interchange format support.
- Build custom render pass workflows between CG pipelines and finishing. Flame Premium helps you accommodate changes and updated versions when working on CG-intensive post-production projects.
- Track multiple render passes and versions from CG using Autodesk’s Open clip with an open XML structure.
Stereoscopic 3D Finishing
Take on finishing today’s challenging stereoscopic 3D (S3D) post-production projects. From real-time 3D color grading* to true 3D visual effects, Flame Premium helps you deliver great-looking S3D projects faster.
- S3D compositing workflow in Action
- Multi-layer S3D timeline workflow between 3D color grading* and visual effects
- Relighting tools integrated into S3D compositing workflow for easier management of lighting artifacts
- Integration with Autodesk Maya software via Autodesk FBX asset exchange technology and multi-channel render pass workflow
3D Visual Effects
Offer your customers more speed and interactivity with a range of technical and creative visual effects tools for 3D compositing, tracking, text, masking, keying, and relighting. Featuring Action and Batch, Flame and Flame Premium help you work fast as you integrate 2D and 3D elements into finished composites.
Real-Time Color Grading*
The powerful and flexible post-production workflow of Flame Premium lets you move easily between 3D visual effects and professional real-time color grading. End-to-end finishing tools help you save time by non-destructively moving multi-layer timelines between grading and finishing. Whether you’re adding color grading to visual effects, or adding visual effects finishing to grading, Flame Premium provides a flexible finishing solution.
Flame Premium offers an intuitive timeline-based workflow that combines the power of the full Flame creative toolset with the logical progression of timeline navigation. With flexible workflow options, Flame Premium lets you choose a workflow that is based on your project needs, and without limiting the creative toolset.